What is a Fiscal Sponsor?
A fiscal sponsor is an organization that agrees to accept, and be responsible for, tax-deductible contributions and charitable gifts on behalf of a project that does not have its own tax exemption. Using a fiscal sponsor, a non-exempt individual, project, event, or organization can take advantage of a lot of the benefits of a tax exempt nonprofit organization.
Fiscal Sponsorship is a good solution for organizations (or certain individual projects or events) that only want to do a few small projects over a specified period of time, those who don’t have the time or staff for a lot of organizational administration, or those who need to be able to receive tax-deductible donations while they wait for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status approval from the IRS.
As a fiscal sponsor, Community Website Partnership can:
- Accept and safeguard charitable donations on behalf of a project
- Take on legal liability for those funds
- Create and maintain some accounting records for the project
- Qualifies the project for some grants and funding that would otherwise be inaccessible
- Brings experience to the project and may provide additional aids such as administrative services and/or strategic planning assistance
Support for community groups and organizations who are working to benefit rural Oregon. Get help with the nonprofit administration of donations and grants so you can do great work in the community. Community Website Partnership is a 501(c)(3) public charity, tax exempt nonprofit organization. Contact us to inquire about fiscal sponsorship today.
Schedule an Inquiry Discussion
To schedule please connnect with us through the contact form below and indicate the general topic area, size of your group, potential timeline, and ideal length of the training. Please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.